Emily attended the Robert H. Smith School of Business at the University of Maryland, College Park. Emily was a business management major with a minor in real estate development, but for most of her educational career (as early as 5th grade), she had planned to go into the interior design field. Emily completed a high school internship as well as a summer internship with 2 interior design firms and thought that a business degree would be a good foundation for running her own interior design business one day. It wasn’t until working with Cloudforce Vice President of Delivery Jesse Kellner in a class called BMGT364: Managing People and Organizations that she decided to put her business degree to use and enter a more traditional business career. Emily’s introduction to the fundamentals of project management came from BMGT485: Project Management, an elective she just happened to take during the fall semester of her senior year. Little did she know at that time that she would pursue this field as a career! Emily now supports the Cloudforce team as a Project Coordinator.
Emily grew up in Baltimore, Maryland with her parents, older brother, and older sister. She now lives in Old Town Alexandria and loves exploring the new city!
As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- I had always wanted to be an interior designer. It was the answer I put in my 5th grade yearbook when asked the same question. A close friend even gifted me a fan deck of paint swatches for my birthday one year because I was so committed to this career path. (I still have the fan deck to this day.)
Do you have any hidden talents?
- I once hula hooped on a cruise ship for 45 minutes straight. I was going head-to-head against a boy named Landon and we hula hooped for way longer than the staff expected. They asked us to move to the side of the stage so they could start bingo while we continued to hula hoop.
Have you ever completed anything on your bucket list?
- I was moved front row at the Justin Bieber Purpose Tour concert, which had been a childhood dream ever since watching his Never Say Never movie.
- As a big Baltimore sports fan, it has always been a dream to see my teams win. I was lucky to witness the Ravens win the Super Bowl in 2012 and attend the celebration parade in Baltimore. I am still hoping I get to witness the Orioles bring home a World Series win in my lifetime.
What do you do when you’re not at Cloudforce?
- I love to go to concerts (The Anthem at the Wharf feels like my second home) and have chill nights in with my close friends. We love to do anything from a wine & movie night to painting by numbers and book club. I also love hanging out with my sister and nephew whenever I visit Baltimore.
What are you reading at the moment?
- I am currently reading The Phoenix Project as part of Cloudforce’s book club. I am also currently reading Happy Place by Emily Henry for fun! I love to read on my kindle and have read 57 books in the past two years (feel free to add me on Goodreads – I love to see what my friends are reading!).