Shannon grew up in Bethesda, Maryland as the older sibling of two girls. Growing up, she was inspired at the age of 10 to follow a medical career. Shannon has always had a passion for helping others and wanting to make a difference. She completed internships at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center studying brain and spinal cord traumatic injuries and assisted at a Johns Hopkins dermatology clinic with surgical cases. For college, she attended Santa Clara University in California and majored in biology with a focus in pre-med.
Once completing her degree, Shannon stayed in the Bay Area and worked as a medical scribe and medical assistant in an ophthalmology retinal clinic. Working in the medical field during the pandemic exposed her to the many hardships and realities of the medical field and shifted her focus to helping people in other ways. During this time, Shannon headed down a new career path pursuing project management, as she discovered many of the necessary skills for project management overlapped with those required for the medical field. Shannon discovered a new passion in being able to collaborate with people and see a project through from start to finish with the end goal of bettering a business. While still early on in her career, Shannon is excited for all that she has yet to learn and now joins the Cloudforce team as a Project Coordinator.
More fun facts about Shannon:
As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- A doctor (orthopedic surgeon or pediatrician) – I grew up playing sports and was always fascinated with sports-related injuries. I have also always wanted to help kids.
Do you have any hidden talents?
- I can recite all the presidents in order – my 4th grade teacher made us learn it and I haven’t forgotten it since!
- I have a blackbelt in Taekwondo – I started doing Taekwondo when I was 7 years old with my dad and we both achieved our black belts together within 3.5 years.
- I can do the Worm – please don’t ask me to do it now that I put that on here
What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever given?
- Do not do something to make others happy, do it for yourself. In the end, it is only your life that you are living.
What do you do when you’re not at Cloudforce?
- I love bouldering, hiking, working out, traveling, and cooking/baking.
Have you ever completed anything on your bucket list?
- I went to Easter Island, which was the coolest place I have ever been to (the place with the big heads coming out of the ground).
What is your favorite dessert?
- Baklava! Baklava! Baklava! – my Lebanese side of the family has had me addicted!